At sea, the bigger, the better? "Oasis of the Sea", largest cruise ship, tall as a 12-story building, wider than Panama Canal
When Royal Caribbean launches its $1.2 billion 'Oasis of the Sea' in 2009, it will carry up to 5,400 passengers and will be as tall as a 12-story building, as long as four football fields, and wider than the Panama Canal.
Formidably awesome – a floating city.
The question is - at sea, the bigger, the better?
Photos courtesy of Robert Polidori
Original Source: CNN
- Photos: modern cruiseship vs Titanic; truck stuck under bridge; wrangle mammoth alligator; how fish get bigger and bigger?
- Passion for ocean: 14-year-old Dutch girl sets off on solo sail around the world under the Sea Shepherd flag
- World's tallest buildings (part ii): Washington Monument, Eiffel Tower, Chrysler Building, Empire State Building..
- Germany invests in green jobs in America - SolarWorld opens North America's largest solar cell plant in Oregon
- Sea gypsies: the Samah who live in the Sulawesi Sea off Malaysia's state of Sabah
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.