UK: Diana in'82 presented Prince William, now Will the newborn Prince George; Jane Austen on £10 note face; put human on Mars
According to the statement, the baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.Prince Charles and Princess Diana took a week to announce William's name, Will and Kate took just two days. Prince George was born Monday at St. Mary's hospital in London at 4:24 p.m. local time, 11:24 a.m. ET. And his name is George Alexander Louis!
28-year-old prince Harry joked: "I only hope my brother knows how expensive my babysitting charges are." Harry said that he had already cuddled the prince, who was born on Monday and has been named George Alexander Louis - Prince George of Cambridge. When asked what his mission was as an uncle he replied: "To make sure he has a good upbringing, and keep him out of harm's way and to make sure he has fun. "The rest I'll leave to the parents."
Prince William and Catherine emerged from St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, West London at 19:13 BST, giving the waiting media and the world their first glimpse of the future king. Addressing crowds outside, Prince William said, 'thank God'...
Simultaneous gun salute mark royal birth at Tower of London The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery fired a 41-gun salute in Green Park at 14:00 BST, after riding past Buckingham Palace.
At the same time, the Honourable Artillery Company - the City of London's army reserve regiment - fired a 62-gun salute from Gun Wharf at the Tower of London.
*update* NBC Nightly News - August 18, 2013
Two weeks shy of the sixteenth anniversary of her death, Scotland Yard is looking into claims that an SAS soldier murdered Princess Diana. What really killed Princess Diana?
*update* London, August 19, 2013
Britain’s Prince William has described his new-born son George, the third-in-line to the throne, as a “little rascal”. “He’s growing quite quickly actually. But he’s a little fighter - he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn’t want to go to sleep that much,” he added.
Photo courtesy BBC, AFP / Getty Images, and John Stillwell / Andrew Cowie / AFP / Getty Images
- Royal giggles and Google Doodle - Queen Elizabeth II visits Google's UK headquarters, view laughing baby video
- Topless Princess Kate pics spur privacy issues; how about 825 cameras in bathrooms, changing rooms at UK schools?
- Buddha quote: "What is evil? Killing is evil..Desire is the root of evil" - Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, founder of Buddhism
- Billy the Goat - Lance Corporal William Windsor - retires as Royal Welsh Regiment mascot with full military honors
- Massive debt, stress, massive heart attack: Michael Jackson, King of Pop. This is IT: lasting legacy. Massive loss