Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum ("I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am") - philosophical Latin statement
Cogito ergo sum ("I think, therefore I am") - or -
Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum ("I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am")
This is a philosophical Latin statement proposed by René Descartes.
The phrase became a fundamental element of Western philosophy, as it was perceived to form a foundation for all knowledge.
- Life is a series of collisions with the future; it is not the sum of what we have been, but what we yearn to be.
- Asterix turns 50: France's popular cultural hero born under influence of friendship, desperation & a great deal of alcohol
- Controversial & identity crisis: breaching lives’ uniqueness? S Korea reveals 1st dog clones - 1 dead dog into 5 identical ones
- Thomas Jefferson (born Apr. 13, 1743) - very few things he asked others to do that he wasn't willing to do himself
- Video: Masters Bercy Latin Ballroom Dancesport Championship 2007