Digital. Massive Data Stolen: one billion accounts at Yahoo, and 134,386 sailors' personal information
It wasn't immediately clear when the hack took place, but the Navy is pointing the finger at a compromised laptop belonging to a contractor as the source of the data breach.
In a statement, the Navy said it was notified by Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services that a laptop belonging to one of its employees was compromised. That employee, the Navy said, was working in support of a Navy contract.
Photo courtesy REUTERS / Denis Balibouse/File photo
- Endless massive hacks. Home Depot. Target. Neiman Marcus. Michaels. JPMorgan Chase. USPS 800,000 Employee names, DoB, addr, SS#
- If Facebook CEO can be hacked, so can you, as details of 117 million LinkedIn users are advertised online for sale
- Global "headache": 1.5 million credit, debit cards breached - swipe card through a cheating device created for ID theft? Massive
- No "Microhoo", for Now - Microsoft Drops Yahoo Bid
- 2016 Year of Tree - 7 billion people plant 7 billion trees. Earth be greener, air fresher, us healthier, happier in a new year
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.