Merrier and freer on car-free days. "In town without my car!" European Mobility Week in over 2000 cities & towns
After the organization of two successful "In town without my car!" events in the whole of Europe, the year 2002 marked the start of a new initiative, the European Mobility Week! From 16 to 22 September 2009 the European Mobility Week was the opportunity for European cities and towns to participate to the most widespread event on sustainable mobility. A full week of events dedicated to sustainable mobility has been organized in more than 2000 cities and towns.
Original Source and Photos courtesy of: European Mobility Week: for a world of sustainable transportation
- Nearly carless suburb of Vauban, Germany an example of "smart planning" - separating suburban life from auto use
- Drivers told to zip lips - NASCAR president Mike Helton says complaining is unfair to fans, who face costly gas, tough economy
- Hungary destroys GM corn; African Biodiversity Network:"GMO no solution to food shortages..";11 EU states want right to ban GMOs
- Land speed record: 406.6mph pass, 1st to break 400mph barrier. Challenger II, naturally-aspirated, piston-powered, wheel-driven
- Denmark: drive with a clean conscience. 12,000 electric cars on the roads by 2015: Copenhagen to become CO2-neutral by 2025
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.