Denmark: drive with a clean conscience. 12,000 electric cars on the roads by 2015: Copenhagen to become CO2-neutral by 2025
[July 8, 2013] 12,000 electric cars are to move on the roads in Greater Copenhagen by 2015. 12,000 electric cars are to move on the roads in Greater Copenhagen by 2015. This is the target set by The Capital Region of Denmark and their new project Copenhagen Electric. Today there are not even 1 500 electric cars in the whole of Denmark. Copenhagen Electric is to encourage municipalities, hospitals and enterprises to purchase more electric cars for their car pools. - We’re starting with the municipalities, says Kåre Albrechtsen, head of Copenhagen Electric that is run by the Capital Region of Denmark. The region is investing 12 million Danish kroner in the consulting project Copenhagen Electrics over a 3-year period. The municipalities in Greater Copenhagen now have 274 electric cars, which is eight percent of the entire municipal car pool. The aim is to increase this share to 25 percent in only two years’ time. (News Øresund)
[July 1, 2011] Yet another company offers electric car rental in Copenhagen
With an electric car, you can enjoy the comfort of four wheels while still helping Copenhagen in its goal to become CO2-neutral by 2025. Renting an electric car is also affordable. For the same price as the cheapest conventional-engined car, you can hire a four door electric saloon seating five people.
- Simple Math and Fact. 100 miles cost $3.45/electricity, $13.52/oil; Electric car owners $750-1200/yr richer, clean air for all
- All-electric car, 240+ miles per charge, 0 to 60 mph in under six seconds, to be built in San Jose Tesla factory
- Revival of the electric car: against industry’s gloomy forecast, hybrid & electric cars light up Paris Auto Show
- FedEx Express’ Modec electric vans for use in UK - part of largest hybrid fleet in transportation industry
- Electric tank-car of the future? The Hinterland 1 Concept Car - an electric minivan with Prius-like aerodynamics
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.