US national debt: $10+ tril, increasing $3.99 bil daily. US population: 305 mil; each citizen’s share: $35k
Shocking figures about the US National Debt:
The estimated population of the United States is around 305 million.
So each citizen's share of this debt is close to $35k.
The (National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.99 billion per day since Sept. 28, 2007!
Original Source: brillig.com
- “The U.S. National Debt on 01-01-1791 was $75 million. Today, it rises by $75 million every hour or so.”
- US national debt clock in Times Square runs out of digits for the first time as debt exceeds $10 trillion
- Higher debt ceiling, steeper fiscal cliff. Uncle Sam "pause" at altitude of ~17 trillion..: for a soft landing or go up further?
- "A man in debt is so far a slave." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Photo: US narrowly avoids default.. $14.3 trillion debt.. 7-year-old girl holds sign in Washington DC - "Why Do I Owe $46,000?"
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.